Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation for good winter boots

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default Recommendation for good winter boots

Me and my wife are wanting to get better winter boots, we only have late fall boots their comfy but very very slippery when we hit some snow. So makes for late season bunny hunts a little tricky. I've learnt its not worth buying garbage. What do ppl use for winter boots, only big criterias we have are, comfy, warm, prefer tie up about 8 or 9inch high (dont like ankle boots when walking around in the woods) and obviously water proof just in case you end up on thin ice and sink a few inches into water.

Thank and hope you and hope friends and family are safe during these times

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Check out Made in Canada Baffin Boots. https://www.bing.com/aclk?ld=e8GHR1H...01c447e2&ntb=1
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

X 2 on the Baffins

I went with the rubber boots tho again this year . Never know how much water will be on the lake lol. They keep ya warm and dry

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

^ x3....just picked up a pair of 'Titans' from Cabela's buring the boxing week sale for $120.

Snug up the sides so you get better support than most rubber boots and excellent inserts (-100c )
    Last edited by MikePal; January 24th, 2021 at 09:51 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I just wear Muck rubber boots now as every other kind of boot falls apart after a year or two.

I wouldnt want to use these boots if sitting long in -20 but for walking they are great as dont get too hot and are slim and comfy, Not big sloppy like some rubber boots. I walked right through a swamp yesturday that was wet, foot of snow and tons of dead fall. I wouldnt want to do that with lace up boots.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Depending entirely on how cold you expect to be out in. If you are looking for very cold weather boots to keep you warm and dry Rig Boots are the only way to go. I go with my rig boots when I get up the nerve to go fishing or hunting in the -20/-30 range. A good set of rig boots will last for years, mine spent three winters in the woods felling timber. If you get cold feet in those I will come light you a fire, lol. My wife suffers from cold feet during the heat of the summer, her baffin 8757-1251 riggers keep her feet warm out on the ice without a single complaint.

To get me through down to the -20 margin I run winter muck style boots, good grip and not all that heavy to lug around all day.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Whatever boots you choose, don't forget to wear seasonally appropriate socks. I hear people complain all the time about how their boots are terrible and don't keep their feet warm. Then I find out they're wearing socks you wear in your running shoes in April in their winter boots and they're expecting the boots to do the rest. I prefer merino wool socks as they're warm but not as itchy as traditional wool. There are also synthetic insulating socks out there, but I prefer natural fibers. And above all else, when sitting still, don't forget to wiggle your toes
    HR UH Wyckoff's RedRooted Mud Puppy JH WCX RN - Reba
    HR Markwell's Ups A Daisy JH WCI RN - Jada
    HR UH Tullamore's Gunsablazing CGN CDX SH WCX - Burly (2003-2017)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I prefer those little blue booties , that go inside your boots.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Baffins all the way, get a good pair once.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    I prefer those little blue booties , that go inside your boots.
    Bama socks! I always wear them too. They work amazing for wicking sweat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast