Thread: 2021 Fishing trips

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default 2021 Fishing trips

Anyone book some fishing trips for 2021?

Spring (local.......plus we are still turkey hunting)
    - Local fishing (Lake O and Erie)......I'm 5 min from Fisherman's Pier and it is 50min to Dunnville
    - St. Clair and Detroit River (Mother in law is in LaSalle so it is 3 blocks from boat launch)
    - Niagara River

Summer (booked)
    - Pointe au Baril in June
    - Lake Cecebe in July
    - Bay of Quinte in July
    - Saenchiur Flechey August (pure fishing trip)

Fall (TBD)
    - Spanish River??
    - Looking at Brennan Harbour or maybe Nippissing

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Re: Cecebe - if you've never eaten the fish from this lake, be careful how much you eat as the methyl merc levels are quite high. We stopped going because the walleye and pike levels were too high. Pretty much couldn't eat anything for women or kids (eg. walleye over 12 inches were zero consumption, pike over 2 pounds, same thing).

Quote Originally Posted by 410001661 View Post

- Local fishing (Lake O and Erie)......I'm 5 min from Fisherman's Pier and it is 50min to Dunnville
    - St. Clair and Detroit River (Mother in law is in LaSalle so it is 3 blocks from boat launch)
    - Niagara River

Summer (booked)
    - Lake Cecebe in July
    - Bay of Quinte in July

Fall (TBD)
    - Spanish River??

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Spring is always about trout. Mainly local, but I’ve been wanting to try Algonquin. Being so close to simcoe means a few perch trips before the oppressive summer heat begins.

Summers are usually the west arm of nipissing. I’ve been on that lake for over 30 years and it’s become tradition.

The in-laws live in Sudbury so we usually go up there and hit some day-drive lakes for walleye and pike. I’m surprised at the amount of water and lack of people. Some days we fish entirely alone with great success.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

- Niagara River

Summer (booked)
    - Lake Cecebe in July
    - Bay of Quinte in July

Fall (TBD)
    - Spanish River??
    You won't regret Spanish River/North Channel, I've only fished it spring and early summer, but the fishing there is incredible.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fenelon View Post
    Re: Cecebe - if you've never eaten the fish from this lake, be careful how much you eat as the methyl merc levels are quite high. We stopped going because the walleye and pike levels were too high. Pretty much couldn't eat anything for women or kids (eg. walleye over 12 inches were zero consumption, pike over 2 pounds, same thing).
    By the time I am at Cecebe I am usually just catch and release. Steaks on the BBQ, water skiing and fishing for fun with the kids in the morning & evening.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I'll be fishing my lake at the Cottage as usual, and some lakes around Haliburton for trout the odd weekend. I'm also booked again for Lake Missinaibi for September...thought about flying to a different lake...but couldn't resist....and booked again
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LiveBates View Post
    I'll be fishing my lake at the Cottage as usual, and some lakes around Haliburton for trout the odd weekend. I'm also booked again for Lake Missinaibi for September...thought about flying to a different lake...but couldn't resist....and booked again
    Anything else would be a disappointment IMHO. That lake has plenty of places to fish AND offers some nice creature comforts. I tried to get a couple of guys together but one guy just bought a new Princecraft and is in the process (cost) of outfitting it. If you get a cancellation let me know!

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I will be fishing crappie soon on Rondeau Bay with my boys and then enjoy the walleye fishing on Lake Erie out of Erie au. We have a 28' Maxum that I keep at Cove marina all summer.
    Mostly use it for a cabin on the water every weekend and a few day trips on to the sand bars on Mitchells Bay
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

OFAH and CCFR member

Just starting out

User Info Menu

- Niagara River

Summer (booked)
    - Lake Cecebe in July
    - Bay of Quinte in July

Fall (TBD)
    - Spanish River??
    I love your summer options. Would love to go to Bay of Quinte, never been there