Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Foul mouth

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Oh yeah I forgot words hurt now a days .

Silly .

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

What do you consider to be swearing? I have never seen anything which I would term swearing on here.

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    Thank You to all for the feedback:

Here is the deal-i am old enough and went thru enough in my life that i do not get personally offended by swearing.
    While being rude is a norm for a few here, and it is quite "distasteful" if You are asking me(for a lack of better words)i am perfectly fine with that too.
    Trash talk (if i understand the term correctly) can be borderline entertainment ,as far i am concerned.

Hovewer, for a life of me i can not understand why swearing is allowed and tolerated.

I also do not understand -sorry Meghan, why a member has to report swearing? Especially if it is rampant.
    I have no idea what a moderator's job is ,and i am not challenging anyone-but somehow i always thought, moderators are the keepers of the rules.
    Fairly-unbiased and without taking sides. Perhaps without being prompted .Swear words do not belong to the Forum ,and should be easy to pick.But i could be wrong.
    Appreciate pointing out how to report though.

I still believe-as someone mentioned above-these kind of posts should be deleted automatically.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    What do you consider to be swearing? I have never seen anything which I would term swearing on here.
    It could be to what Sharon has said snowflake and citiots

Pig
    Cow
    And sheep are all offensive when used incorrectly lol.
    Or
    cuckoo clock
    gun
    crackers
    All offensive word's

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot words hurt now a days .

Silly .

They always hurt. Now you are held accountable when they do.
    Last edited by fishermccann; January 20th, 2021 at 10:32 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Oh I know what it was
    Someone said the _oof word very offensive to many

Like God bless America very offensive lol.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    They always hurt. Now you are held accountable when they do.
    But it's not the word that hurts .

It is the sentence that the word is used in that hurts. So sentences should hurt not words lol. The sentence will determine how the word is used or evaluated.

Some words hurt some ,but in the end it comes with more than just a word to make it hurt.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    But it's not the word that hurts .

It is the sentence that the word is used in that hurts. So sentences should hurt not words lol. The sentence will determine how the word is used or evaluated.

Some words hurt some ,but in the end it comes with more than just a word to make it hurt.

Here's a word: Semantics.

If someone told you to eff-off, I think you wouldn't say, "it's just a word". At a minimum, you would likely wonder why that person said that to you. Most people would also be offended by that and get angry. On a forum, that often leads to a snowball effect of increasingly disrespectful exchanges.

These increasingly disrespectful exchanges have been occurring more and more often here, and usually it is not even caused by "swear words", although I have noticed a few instances where people have been jumbling the letters of swear words to get them past the filters, similar to what I did above. Usually it is caused by childish name calling, or just disrespectful responses. It's unnecessary and really takes away from the discussion. Personally, I think the underlying issue is that lately, the majority of threads are not even about outdoor topics, but rather about COVID/lockdown/politics/erosion of rights. Even threads that start off as an outdoor topic are being derailed so that then end up to be about those other topics. It's very tiresome. Maybe the stress of the current situation is starting to get to people, but the state of the forum is the worst I have seen it since I joined. We wouldn't need moderators to straighten things out if people were just respectful in the first place.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I overheard some kind of a rap or hip hop song my eleven year daughter was listening to last week and I just about fell over. The cursing and swearing was non stop. She said it's what all her friends are all listening to. Talk about desensitizing kids with this vile garbage. I guess I shouldn't be shocked it's out there but disappointed it would appeal to her. Geez I may have to introduce her to something softer like Metallica!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by warpipe View Post
    I overheard some kind of a rap or hip hop song my eleven year daughter was listening to last week and I just about fell over. The cursing and swearing was non stop. She said it's what all her friends are all listening to. Talk about desensitizing kids with this vile garbage. I guess I shouldn't be shocked it's out there but disappointed it would appeal to her. Geez I may have to introduce her to something softer like Metallica!
    Lets hope the 'Sea Shanty' craze catches on, the young crowd seems to like it so far HaHa.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rf2 View Post
    Here's a word: Semantics.

If someone told you to eff-off, I think you wouldn't say, "it's just a word". At a minimum, you would likely wonder why that person said that to you. Most people would also be offended by that and get angry. On a forum, that often leads to a snowball effect of increasingly disrespectful exchanges.

These increasingly disrespectful exchanges have been occurring more and more often here, and usually it is not even caused by "swear words", although I have noticed a few instances where people have been jumbling the letters of swear words to get them past the filters, similar to what I did above. Usually it is caused by childish name calling, or just disrespectful responses. It's unnecessary and really takes away from the discussion. Personally, I think the underlying issue is that lately, the majority of threads are not even about outdoor topics, but rather about COVID/lockdown/politics/erosion of rights. Even threads that start off as an outdoor topic are being derailed so that then end up to be about those other topics. It's very tiresome. Maybe the stress of the current situation is starting to get to people, but the state of the forum is the worst I have seen it since I joined. We wouldn't need moderators to straighten things out if people were just respectful in the first place.
    Exactly. Thank you.
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast