Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need 50 posts before one can post at the "For Sale" forum

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Need 50 posts before one can post at the "For Sale" forum

I find it a bit too restrictive - and also generating a lot of "yeah...", "I agree", "right on" and similar replies to other posts, just to get to the 50...

What do others think about it?

(Hey, at least now I also got one more towards the 50...)

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The idea is to get people to join the forum to discuss hunting and fishing not to use the site to just sell something.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Its a pain and we all had to do it, but it avoids the people just floating around forums trying to sell stuff. And if your a common person contributing to the forum people can get a feel of who you are.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I understand both of your reasoning - and I agree with them, too. It's just not too convenient, especially if someone (like me) comes to the forum (practically every day) not only to join discussions, but mainly to learn from others by silent observation (i.e., reading)...

But I got one more posting from this, anyway... (and for the time being, I posted my stuff on firearmscanada)...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Connie2002 View Post
    I understand both of your reasoning - and I agree with them, too. It's just not too convenient, especially if someone (like me) comes to the forum (practically every day) not only to join discussions, but mainly to learn from others by silent observation (i.e., reading)...

But I got one more posting from this, anyway... (and for the time being, I posted my stuff on firearmscanada)...
    You've been on this forum for 7 years now? Only 39 posts? That in itself is fine, but it doesn't get you a free card?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Just to clarify something: I haven't ask for and also don't need a free card (for anything).
    With those "only" 39 posts I tried to contribute as well as I could. I could have written many empty and worthless posts like many here do, but I choose not to. Sorry if you don't see any political ramblings, or any (real or made up) bragging about how well I shoot or how good of a hunter I am... (There! Getting close to the sacred 50!)

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Connie2002 View Post
    Just to clarify something: I haven't ask for and also don't need a free card (for anything).
    With those "only" 39 posts I tried to contribute as well as I could. I could have written many empty and worthless posts like many here do, but I choose not to. Sorry if you don't see any political ramblings, or any (real or made up) bragging about how well I shoot or how good of a hunter I am... (There! Getting close to the sacred 50!)
    you can do it!!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

oops, I am over the 50, my bad

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thank you for rooting for me!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I am getting there sooner or later, too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast