Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Liberal candidate says tax on sale of your home is coming....

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Angry Liberal candidate says tax on sale of your home is coming....

In his own words.... if you make money on the sale of your house they will tax it.
    https://twitter.com/CPC_HQ/status/1435968363314827272

"But of course, anyone selling their primary residence, if you do make money on that, unfortunately you will have to pay tax on that. I wouldn't agree to that either but it's what we have to do." -Jason Hickey, Liberal Candidate, New Brunswick Southwest

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mosquito View Post
    In his own words.... if you make money on the sale of your house they will tax it.

"But of course, anyone selling their primary residence, if you do make money on that, unfortunately you will have to pay tax on that. I wouldn't agree to that either but it's what we have to do." -Jason Hickey, Liberal Candidate, New Brunswick Southwest
    OUCH !!!! !!!! that’s gotta leave a mark on the village idiot’s campaign !!!
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

That is what they used to call back in the Communism-wealth transfer. Not expropriation-oh no.
    Take from the one who has(tax on hard earned home),and share it with the ones who do not have(great big portion of them -they do not have, because of their own issues)

At the second hand-this may explain why they let house prices go so high-the bigger the gap, the more the money -FOR THEM.

I guess, we are just making the money for Ottawa ,to spend it willy nilly.

Dolce vida.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I think hard core Liberals which are generally Union people will have no problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    OUCH !!!! !!!! that’s gotta leave a mark on the village idiot’s campaign !!!

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mosquito View Post

What they forget is when you sell your primary home ... you have to live somewhere, so you incur the cost of the next home, which I can reassure you, has the cost of capital gains tax added in (this will inflate home values further) ... and in the end, not only do you lose agents' commission and legal fees ... you'll also lose capital gains tax ... everytime you have to move ... so instead of there being a $50k penalty on the average home cost now in GTA .... could be easily $80k to $100k penalty with capital gains. This is a STUPID tax model.

Our goof of a prime minister is trying to convince us he'll make housing more affordable, meanwhile he wants to do this? Like my mind is so baffled at the stupidity of what he is saying ... he is unfit to lead this country.

I wouldn't even let him be a drama teacher again, I wouldn't want my kid in the same classroom as that moron.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

That is why you will own nothing and be happy......
    So what will they do for someone like me whereby my home is paid off but I was never allowed to deduct the interest on my mortgage and now they expect me to pay capital gains? It makes no sense.......idiot.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I am sure they will start off with it slowly so it gets passed..
    "We will only be taxing those rich individuals that have made over (pick a number) 5 million? on their home." Most Canadians won't protest that number. Once this new tax gets in the books, it will be easy to change it to suit their needs. Eventually everyone will get used to it and it will become the new norm. Governments are good at taking our money.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I suspect that is what they will do as well. Then Liberal Tax Lovers will be happy not realizing they are next on the list.

Liberals have always loved taxing people they were very upset when Harper brought in the TFSA

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    I am sure they will start off with it slowly so it gets passed..
    "We will only be taxing those rich individuals that have made over (pick a number) 5 million? on their home." Most Canadians won't protest that number. Once this new tax gets in the books, it will be easy to change it to suit their needs. Eventually everyone will get used to it and it will become the new norm. Governments are good at taking our money.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

when Pierre E Trudeau was running for prime minister he stood before the people and promised nothing..he kept his promise! and now his legacy lives on in the form of his IDIOT SON! Thats my rant for this evening..thankyou

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    What they forget is when you sell your primary home ... you have to live somewhere, so you incur the cost of the next home, which I can reassure you, has the cost of capital gains tax added in (this will inflate home values further) ... and in the end, not only do you lose agents' commission and legal fees ... you'll also lose capital gains tax ... everytime you have to move ... so instead of there being a $50k penalty on the average home cost now in GTA .... could be easily $80k to $100k penalty with capital gains. This is a STUPID tax model.

Our goof of a prime minister is trying to convince us he'll make housing more affordable, meanwhile he wants to do this? Like my mind is so baffled at the stupidity of what he is saying ... he is unfit to lead this country.

I wouldn't even let him be a drama teacher again, I wouldn't want my kid in the same classroom as that moron.
    I'm pretty sure they didn't forget that part.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast