Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moose draw problem

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Moose draw problem

In the past I have had our group members buy their licence and then I would enter them into the draw from my computer as several members don't have a computer. So this year I entered the draw and told the other members to purchase their licence and I would put them into the draw. So they went ahead and purchased their licence and now with this new system i'am unable to put them into the draw as ever member needs to create an account and have a separate email address. So I figured I would just put them in using the telephone system then but this also won't let you enter them as you didn't enter the draw when you purchased the licence. I have been trying to call their number but of course it justs puts you on hold saying they are receiving more calls than normal. Has anybody else run into this situation and were you able to resolve it. Any help would be appreciated. So much for this new system making it easier, Thank's Ken

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I ended getting a hold of the mnr and it looks like I need to take a trip to the nearest service Ontario center to resolve this. Thank's Ken

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the information, this will create a headache for our group as we have guys that aren’t very tech savvy.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I also do not see any benefit of the new versus the old system,and would go back to where we were 20 years ago in a heartbeat.
    However my buddies managed to do moose group application either via Internet or via phone thru the last few days without issues.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

As an update to this I ended up going to service Ontario to have this done. They were able to enter the rest of the group members there with no issue. I did have to wait over an hour as they only have one desk that is used just for hunting and fishing and had people ahead of me. I know for next year that if they keep this current system I will give the group number to the other members before they purchase their tag so they can enter it at that time to eliminate this problem. Ken

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

i did our moose group and it took 6 hrs ... i needed to call most of them and also create passwords for them.. only needed 1 call to mnr ... a lot of work BUT we should get 2 bull tags ... time will tell
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Skeeter were you able to do this from one email address because I tried doing what you did by creating an account for each member with a password but when I entered my email address it indicated that these email address as already been used and wouldn't let me continue on. I had a couple of members who had their own email address and I was able to create an account for them and get them entered but for the other members who don't have an email address it was a complete hassle and like I mentioned ended up going to service Ontario to have the rest of the members entered.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

yes everything was done on one computer....i had everyones email address, postal code, date of birth, and their passwords if they had updated their MNR profile earlier. For those who didn't, I created a password for them. Every moose licence was purchased on the same VISA card. I also put everyone into the correct groups to apply for the tags. For those without an email i made google email addresses for them ... bogus but it satisfied the MNR requirements. Always different ways to skin a cat .... or a rat

It all took time for sure but i got it all done and have all the receipts in case there's a discrepancy
    Last edited by SK33T3R; May 7th, 2019 at 04:33 PM.
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Best way is to have one person start the group and give the Group number to everybody before they buy their licence. I liked the old system as I could do it all for our group of 14 guys.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

You did a good job for others ,
    hope your group appreciate that ....

Quote Originally Posted by SK33T3R View Post
    yes everything was done on one computer....i had everyones email address, postal code, date of birth, and their passwords if they had updated their MNR profile earlier. For those who didn't, I created a password for them. Every moose licence was purchased on the same VISA card. I also put everyone into the correct groups to apply for the tags. For those without an email i made google email addresses for them ... bogus but it satisfied the MNR requirements. Always different ways to skin a cat .... or a rat

It all took time for sure but i got it all done and have all the receipts in case there's a discrepancy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast