Thread: North of French

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default North of French

Hi everyone,
    buddy of mine and I are heading to French river (north side)this Monday and planning to go for small game or grouse. We are planning to take the Hartley bay road off 69, either side where ever it looks promising (crown land) and also wouldn’t mind walking for hours . I was wondering if any fellow hunter here hunt there and much appreciated if you could share your experiance.
    Thank you very much

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Can't comment on the area but you might find yourself walking in the snow. Have a good trip and good luck.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Muskyhunter View Post
    Can't comment on the area but you might find yourself walking in the snow. Have a good trip and good luck.
    Thank you @muskyhunter. Walking in the snow is not an issue for us. Just wondering if the walking could pay off lol

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Abins136 View Post
    Walking in the snow is not an issue for us. Just wondering if the walking could pay off lol
    You may recall the region was part of 164cm dump couple weeks back - had about 20cm snow fall over past Mon/Tue. Last Thursday, the snow was well over knee deep in most places (inside the bush). The bush roads had over a foot of snow. It would be a good idea to carry a set of snowshoes should the intent be to hike off the beaten path. As for birds, you'd have your work cut out even with a dog as most would be sheltering inside deep cover and/or burrowed under the snow.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Thats when action begins to heat up. Have fun

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sharps4570 View Post
    You may recall the region was part of 164cm dump couple weeks back - had about 20cm snow fall over past Mon/Tue. Last Thursday, the snow was well over knee deep in most places (inside the bush). The bush roads had over a foot of snow. It would be a good idea to carry a set of snowshoes should the intent be to hike off the beaten path. As for birds, you'd have your work cut out even with a dog as most would be sheltering inside deep cover and/or burrowed under the snow.
    Thanks for the heads up @sharps4570

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockerpj View Post
    Thats when action begins to heat up. Have fun
    That’s motivating ����

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Abins136 View Post
    That’s motivating ����
    Sorry, missed this thread when you originally posted it.
    I have a place very near there and was interested in how you made out ?

I can say the bird hunting in that area tends to be very slow, haven't seen good numbers in years, regardless of the cycle.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I shot a ruffie and a snow shoe, lots of grouse track there.