Thread: Marine trolling batteries

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Marine trolling batteries

My Interstate series 27 deep cycle battery finally gave up after 11 years. I fish 25-35 days a summer and I troll with the electric motor.

I was just going to buy a replacement from Interstate but then I started doing a little homework. Seems like there are better batteries for the same money. One battery outlet recommended an Enerya battery made by East Penn batteries. The stats seemed good but I have no experience with this battery.

Should I go with another Interstate??

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

The interstate did its yeoman service, I'd get another.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I agree with fisherman, I have never even come close to 11 years, I'd go with interstate.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

thanks guys. You're right. I owe them that much. I must admit I'm reluctant to buy a U.S. made battery. Pretty sure Interstate is made in the States. LOL.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Here is your answer;

Interstate Batteries
    Ib logo 2016.png
    Type
    Privately held company
    Founded 1952
    Headquarters Dallas, Texas, United States
    Key people
    Scott Miller, President & CEO
    Products Automotive, marine/RV, mobility, lawn and garden batteries and more.
    Revenue IncreaseUS$1.5 billion (2013) [1]
    Number of employees
    1,500 corporate employees (2013)
    Subsidiaries Interstate All Battery Center, and PowerCare and Service Solutions
    Website interstatebatteries.com
    Interstate Battery System of America, Inc., a.k.a. Interstate Batteries, is a privately owned company that markets automotive batteries manufactured by Exide Technologies, Johnson Controls and others through independent distributors. The company is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and it also markets marine/RV, mobility, motorcycle, lawn and garden, and other lines of batteries in the starting, lighting and ignition (SLI) markets. Interstate Batteries operates a distributor network that supplies batteries and power solutions to over 200,000 dealers. They also have distributors in Australia,Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Guyana, and Panama, with more foreign distributors planned. Additionally, they operate over 200 corporate and franchise owned retail stores. Interstate plans to expand worldwide locations in coming years as part of a company-wide growth and development initiative.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanO View Post
    thanks guys. You're right. I owe them that much. I must admit I'm reluctant to buy a U.S. made battery. Pretty sure Interstate is made in the States. LOL.
    You can also check out " Varta " batteries, the largest battery manufacturer in the world .
    https://www.varta-automotive.com/en-...cturers-choice

When I had my 22 ft boat, I used Varta batteries, had a deal with a dealer, where I would get a new set of batteries [ starter battery and a deep cycle ] every year for just a few bucks, when I would bring in my year old ones for exchange.
    I couldn't afford to have batteries fail on me when I was out on the lake 22 or more miles from shore.
    My older brother had the same type of deal for his boat a 32 ft. with a 4 battery system.
    I do not know if Varta dealers still have this type of deal, but it's worth checking into.
    Last edited by jaycee; July 2nd, 2018 at 12:36 PM.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I've heard that costco kirkland deep cycle batteries are pretty good. Anyone have any experience with them?
    Life is about kicking butt, not kissing it!

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrack View Post
    I've heard that costco kirkland deep cycle batteries are pretty good. Anyone have any experience with them?
    I've had one for my camper for a few years and it is still going strong.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I've had no problems with my Costco battery.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I have a Costco deep cycle battery, have had for 4 years now with no issues.