Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pelee Island Pheasant hunt back in 2021..

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Hey guys,
    I’m booked for the second hunt. Really looking forward to it as last year got canceled and that was supposed to be my first time going

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by C.F. View Post
    Hey guys,
    I’m booked for the second hunt. Really looking forward to it as last year got canceled and that was supposed to be my first time going
    Same here. Taking my son too. Looking forward to it
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?" -Anonymous-

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

The sailings are finally open for the pheasant hunts guys. You might have to sit on the phone for awile to get through, but you can book now.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    The sailings are finally open for the pheasant hunts guys. You might have to sit on the phone for awile to get through, but you can book now.
    Thanks for the update Dilly...however....I called this morning and they are not taking any more reservations until further notice?
    The person who answered could not tell me why or when reservations would be accepted for the hunt?
    Suggested I keep checking the Ontario Ferries Website.
    This is all very strange....I purchased a license for the hunt...booked accommodations...but...they won't let us book a ferry crossing?
    Anyone else having any luck?
    Phil

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I wonder if they got swamped. The lady I dealt with over the phone was doing all of the entries manually and it took several minutes. I was 42 in line when I called and waited on hold for over an hour. They have an online booking system and I was puzzled as to why you couldn’t just do it that way for these particular sailings. I wonder if they finally tapped out and decided to put it online.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Yeah it has been a bit frustrating this year with the Ferry schedule/booking times/dates. I have been checking the Ontario Ferries site almost daily for updates, as they said they would be posting the hunt specifics there. Just called now but the wait time was 1 hour and 20 minutes, so will have to try later or tomorrow. Dilly, did you happen to book a spot for the hunt dates?

Thanks,

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Maybe they are realizing they need to add more sailings too. There were only 2 sailings on the days I booked. In the past there has been 3 or 4.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lor79 View Post
    Yeah it has been a bit frustrating this year with the Ferry schedule/booking times/dates. I have been checking the Ontario Ferries site almost daily for updates, as they said they would be posting the hunt specifics there. Just called now but the wait time was 1 hour and 20 minutes, so will have to try later or tomorrow. Dilly, did you happen to book a spot for the hunt dates?

Thanks,
    Yes Lor. I booked a day before and the day after the second hunt dates. My wait time was long too at first, but as people gave up, it sped up quite a bit. I just did other stuff while the phone was on hold. They keep you posted where you are in line.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Thanks so much for the update Dilly, I will make sure to look into this ASAP.

Thanks,

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Hey all - just got off the phone with the Ferry, and they are not booking reservations right now for the pheasant hunt. I asked to speak to a supervisor, as I just found out that a few friends of mine also booked yesterday, and the sup explained that they will be releasing a full hunt schedule very soon (possibly in the next 1-2 weeks or so), with possible added sailings for WED and FRI. Anyway, make sure to check the Ontario Ferries website/Twitter daily, as it should be out soon.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast