Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Squirrel Hunting Guides?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Good advice there, Myself, I use my scoped BL 22 and subsonic CCI .22 cal. CB Shorts, super accurate [in my gun] and make less noise than my .177 cal. air rifle.
    Those subsonic are amazing aren’t they

At my place all you need is a lawn chair and couple quarters to rattle/grind together
    Squirrels do so much damage to sap lines. Find your local syrup bush offer to cut down the squirrel population
    If they don’t already have some one doing it you might get a invite

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Most any shotgun or 22 rifle will work. As others have said county forests are a great place to hunt. Simply slowly walk a few steps and then stop for a while and scan the trees for squirrels. Tip if you come across an area with lots of squirrel nests around, just sit down against a big tree and wait for them to come out. Also if you find an area with lots of nuts on the forest floor do the same, sit and wait for them. Also if you own both shotgun and 22, I would use the shotgun for the early season while the trees still have leafs on them. Once the leafs fall bring out the 22 for longer shots. Have fun out there, squirrels are fun to hunt and tasty.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by js4fn View Post

At my place all you need is a lawn chair and couple quarters to rattle/grind together
    Squirrels do so much damage to sap lines. Find your local syrup bush offer to cut down the squirrel population
    Absotively Posolutely Great! I like them.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

When was the last time you went to dufferin county forest. A permit to hunt certain forest in dufferin county was $30 bucks I think. Either way it’s still affordable

"Hold my beer and watch this"[/QUOTE]
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

User Info Menu

Check out the website for dufferin county forest you have to go the the dufferin county museum and archives and get a permit there or mail a cheque
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Pretty sure you can hunt on most of the Halton Tracts as well. Just get on out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by js4fn View Post

If you use a bow too, make sure you're ready to apologize for shooting the sugarline while the squirrel craps his pants on your arrow :P

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=RookieWild;1065960]Pretty sure you can hunt on most of the Halton Tracts as well. Just get on out there.

Can’t small game hunt in the halton tracts I thought but I could be wrong

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    When was the last time you went to dufferin county forest. A permit to hunt certain forest in dufferin county was $30 bucks I think. Either way it’s still affordable

"Hold my beer and watch this"
    [/QUOTE]20 years hunting but still fish up there. Dont small game hunt much anymore.

"Hold my beer and watch this"

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble;

Can’t small game hunt in the halton tracts I thought but I could be wrong
    So I just re-read the bylaws and you can bow hunt during the bows only season - but it doesn’t say you can’t hunt small game.

Shotgun is only during the controlled hunt.

So a .22 is probably a no go.

Didn’t think of this because I only bow hunt.

OP, go buy a recurve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast