Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern grouse finally

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default Southern grouse finally

Got out for a hunt with a friend, who is also a forum member (IHunt) for some upland/small game this morning. We haven't been seeing much this year and our goto public forest spots seem to have changed the last couple of years with the number of people using the forest and the number of yote sign everywhere has brought numbers way down it seems. But today was the day the bad luck streak ended LOL. Me and Ihunt put some miles on the boots and we were working a tree row, when Ihunt shouts I think I see a grouse. He then decides he's going to shoot at what he believes is a grouse , but before he can pull the trigger the mysterious shadow jumps up and takes flight and swings around the tree line giving me a small window of opportunity to take a couple of shots and down goes the bird. I know its just a grouse but to me its not just a grouse, we worked real hard for a small bit of success and we were proud of our prize.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

congrats; If you work hard you are often rewarded .

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Looks like a good sized one, congrats!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishhawk View Post
    Looks like a good sized one, congrats!
    It was heavy thats for sure
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Nice. I hope to get out once more before the season closes.
    Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening.

Dorothy Sarnoff

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

good stuff there! stuff him and tell the kids its a little turkey!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockerpj View Post
    good stuff there! stuff him and tell the kids its a little turkey!
    It was big but not that big LOL and they know the difference believe it or not LOL
    Last edited by tom gobble; December 23rd, 2018 at 08:33 PM.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

It's a great feeling after walking all those miles all season. I usually average 1 southern bird per season. I managed to take 2 today for the first time ever. I think if it was easy it wouldn't be so much fun

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Harvesting an “ESG” is no small feat. Those of us who feed bird dogs year round consider each one a trophy. Well done.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Tom I can't tell you how happy I was to read how much you appreciated taking that grouse.
    You value smelling the roses.Game birds and animals are NOT to be taken for granted.
    Savour each moment and remember each chase.Quality over quantity.
    Good show gentlemen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast