Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Will you sell your banned guns to the Government or keep them?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 410001661 View Post
    WTF.....you Gilroy's partner from the days on the force or just a fellow card carrying Liberal?
    Lol that’s funny right there

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    I feel the same about people claiming to have “boating accidents” and report their guns lost. Gimme a break. What cop wouldn’t ask “why do you go boating with all your handguns and AR variants?”
    Yup. I have buddy that fire chief. Ppl say wow my guns burnt up
    Like he says ok let’s say you took your gun out to garage and you where cleaning oiling them and all sudden building burnt down. You don’t think police won’t want to see the burn gun barrels/parts. They don’t just disappear

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I feel the same about people claiming to have “boating accidents” and report their guns lost. Gimme a break. What cop wouldn’t ask “why do you go boating with all your handguns and AR variants?”
    There are a lot on the list that were not registered, not restricted before the ban, the government has no list of who has those guns, would be easy with those guns.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 410001661 View Post
    .......like it or not if a farm has Bio Security gates up the police CANNOT enter the property past the locked gates (at the road) without a warrant or landowners permission (the guy shooting beside me)

The OSPCA Act empowers inspectors or agents (such as a veterinarian or police officer) access to private property in cases where:

- a search warrant is issued by a Justice of the Peace;
    - the inspector/agent/officer observes an animal in immediate distress; or
    - the owner grants permission to enter.

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/...cts/04-003.htm
    As an aside,as of last September,the OSPCA has been stripped of all enforcement power and must rely on Police with warrants to exercise what authority they have left (information gathering,ONLY). They over-reached and abused their powers once too often and messed with the wrong people,ended up in Court where the judge effectively shut them down. That's what happens when NGO's are allowed to go unchecked.
    Last edited by trimmer21; February 22nd, 2021 at 03:53 PM.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    As an aside,as of last September,the OSPCA has been stripped of all enforcement power and must rely on Police with warrants to exercise what authority they have left (information gathering,ONLY). They over-reached and abused their powers once too often and messed with the wrong people,ended up in Court where the judge effectively shut them down. That's what happens when NGO's are allowed to go unchecked.
    I guess if we had been talking about farms some of this might be pertinent, 410000 decided to spin the discussion towards farms and so forth. I suspect he is trapped in a Donut shop washroom stall and got bored. LOL

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    I guess if we had been talking about farms some of this might be pertinent, 410000 decided to spin the discussion towards farms and so forth. I suspect he is trapped in a Donut shop washroom stall and got bored. LOL
    LOL.......I could be Terry. Now that things are starting to open a bit.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    There are a lot on the list that were not registered, not restricted before the ban, the government has no list of who has those guns, would be easy with those guns.
    Valid point Fox. Do you know if there is a mandatory requirement in having to register a now-prohibited by OIC firearm if you wish to keep it? Seems like yet another hole in this scheme.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Valid point Fox. Do you know if there is a mandatory requirement in having to register a now-prohibited by OIC firearm if you wish to keep it? Seems like yet another hole in this scheme.
    ... nope, hole is closed.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

All restricted and prohibited must be registered. Now that these non restricted have become prohibited guaranteed they will have to be registered at some point in the very near future.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

So, I watched the video. First I heard we now have to contact the CFO to sell any gun and register the exchange. When did this take effect?