Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting death?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    That is true but the Renfrew County Crime Unit raises a flag.

The problem some times is like this.
    You and I go hunting somewhere, and after a long day of hunting you slip getting out of the shower, and hurt your finger. When we take you to the doctor, the injury will be recorded as a hunting ACCIDENT simply because we are on a hunting trip.
    If you did the same thing the first night you got home it now goes in the records as a "SLIP AND FALL".

You hurt yourself riding the quad while hunting it's a hunting accident, do the same thing driving around the back forty scouting and it's a vehicle accident.
    The crime unit being called in is standard procedure in cases of this nature. Don't read anything into it...

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    Worst thing to do is "speculate"....

Who in their right mind would post a bunch of BS like that....wait for the facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Hunting death?

wow thats a bad hunting accident somebody is dead and anti hunters will be all over that for some damn reason

Just starting out

User Info Menu

The Killaloe OPP have released the name of the man killed in Saturday's (Nov.8) hunting accident in the Township of Brudenell, Lyndoch and Raglan. Police say 37 year old David Hass of Ameliasburgh Township was hunting on Elwoods Road in Palmer Rapids when the accident occurred. The investigation is continuing in conjunction with the Ministry of Natural Resources.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    Worst thing to do is "speculate"....
    As the post "so it could be a big mess to speculate...." then a couple example of the normally speculation.
    Figured people would have caught that..
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

This is all that has been released in the local paper today.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-...nting-accident

Elite Member

User Info Menu

An old friend of mine lives in Palmer Rapids so I emailed him to see what he knew about the incident. Here's his reply...

" Hi Mike.. Yes it was "SAD NEWS" to hear. It was his Uncle's Gun Bullet (as Far as we Know) that
    hit him. Say it Ricocheted off rock's. BUT it is still under Investigation. The Body
    and Both Gun's are now in Ottawa.. The Funeral in to be Held on Friday , if Investigation
    is complete. People are saying that it was Impossible for the Uncle to have Hit him.
    David in married with 2 Young Children. No other news yet Lot's of Rumors ----
    I know them very well also I had Elwood help me Put up Build the "Play Structure"
    in Hardwood Lake Park. Hard to say... Sometimes People don't wear enough Hunter Orange..
    I have caught a Lot of People this year wearing "Camouflage" clothing, and those Construction
    Coat's with the Yellow Cross Those are all illegal Must be Hunter Orange.. And I get Mad..
    Any way ------"

What I find alarming is the numbers of hunters who still don't seem to follow the hunter orange laws. Not that this is necessarily the case in this incident. I guess there isn't much enforcement up that way.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Talked to a local firefighter who was involved. He also claimed it was an unpredictable richochet but he also claimed that the OPP are all upset because there were a few involved who had no PALS ( or whatever they are currently called).

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Very sad for all involved.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I want to lay this whole rumour mill to rest. My husband David Hass died doing what he loved on November 8th, 2014. Hunting was his passion and he took it very seriously along with the rest of his gang which included close family and friends.
    - yes he was wearing ALL orange, more than required. Full blaze orange coat, pants and hat- no camouflage or any other ridiculous things mentioned
    - everyone in the gang had their possession and acquisition licenses and all required safety training, in fact some people were or are volunteer firefighters.
    - no one tripped
    - NO poaching
    - and NO one was drinking either, as I am sure people are wondering that too

It was a one in a million shot. Through thick brush and trees, I don't even know how the bullet got to him as the shot was fired fairly far away. Sometimes things just don't make sense, and speculating on something that you have no idea about just hurts the people involved. Simply put, it was a horrible accident, sometimes accidents do happen no matter what kind of precautions are taken. So please, before judging too quickly, take a moment and put yourself in someone's else shoes. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. David was a good guy, a loving father and a wonderful husband.
    Rest in peace David. Me and your boys will always love you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast