Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Girsan mc312

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebulldog View Post
    Not saying you did, but variance in pattern like that isn't usual.

Shoulder fired? Or off some bags?

I have a set of the black cloud chokes....from Carlson's, I work PT for Als Corner Store in the gun room. They pattern beautifully.

But when I said switch your chokes, I meant swap out the mod for the imp, and see if the elevation, and windage change? Could just be a crappy choke.
    Holly you work at Al's lol damn man I use to go there ALL THE TIME ! For fishing gear and once I got my hunting license I bought a Stoger under over from there, but solid it few month later, but man I love that store I was there not to long ago checking out the under over 12ga, I was thinking of selling my Girsan and buying trok ALs an under over, but I am hooked to semis now

Anyhow I took the gun apart and put the barrel back on and I noticed the barrel was a tad off, looks better now, I noticed ALs has a whole bunch of extended chokes
    Last edited by Bush-man; October 26th, 2022 at 12:57 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bush-man View Post
    Holly you work at Al's lol damn man I use to go there ALL THE TIME ! For fishing gear and once I got my hunting license I bought a Stoger under over from there, but solid it few month later, but man I love that store I was there not to long ago checking out the under over 12ga, I was thinking of selling my Girsan and buying trok ALs an under over, but I am hooked to semis now

Anyhow I took the gun apart and put the barrel back on and I noticed the barrel was a tad off, looks better now, I noticed ALs has a whole bunch of extended chokes
    Funny how that will work.

Als is the Candian Distributor for Carlson's. If they make it, we have to carry it. Which means the gun room is pretty full.
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Funny how that will work.

Als is the Candian Distributor for Carlson's. If they make it, we have to carry it. Which means the gun room is pretty full.
    I was there I wanna say max 3 weeks ago, full of guns was crazy, also saw a used semi auto can't remember what brand, it was light as feather and beautiful beautiful color I was inlove, and for 500 bucks!I was so down to sell my Girsan and buy that semi, I'm just not use to the all black shotgun lol, I think I could modify it to the Girsan with the I think oak stock color

I'll make my way to ALs for the chokes soon though

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

I was there I wanna say max 3 weeks ago, full of guns was crazy, also saw a used semi auto can't remember what brand, it was light as feather and beautiful beautiful color I was inlove, and for 500 bucks!I was so down to sell my Girsan and buy that semi, I'm just not use to the all black shotgun lol, I think I could modify it to the Girsan with the I think oak stock color

I'll make my way to ALs for the chokes soon though
    Revolution Armoury semi.

Hold on to the Girsan. Build quality is about the same. I use my MC312 for ducks and geese routinely. Have zero issue cancelling flights.
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Revolution Armoury semi.

Hold on to the Girsan. Build quality is about the same. I use my MC312 for ducks and geese routinely. Have zero issue cancelling flights.
    Yes that's exactly the semi I saw.

Yah man I'm loving the Girsan, I got me a canoe recently and a dozen of duck decoys, so I'm scouting areas for waterfowl and trying to figure best choke for the gun, I think I saw a Carlsons " light modified " I think it was, I'm looking for a choke with some spread, haven't shot ducks before flying so will be interesting to try out.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Yes that's exactly the semi I saw.

Yah man I'm loving the Girsan, I got me a canoe recently and a dozen of duck decoys, so I'm scouting areas for waterfowl and trying to figure best choke for the gun, I think I saw a Carlsons " light modified " I think it was, I'm looking for a choke with some spread, haven't shot ducks before flying so will be interesting to try out.
    I have the same gun shot a doe with it last year with a slug. Also shot my turkey with it in the spring this year. Great gun inmy opinion. Only thing I dont like is its not drilled for a rail.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob View Post
    I have the same gun shot a doe with it last year with a slug. Also shot my turkey with it in the spring this year. Great gun inmy opinion. Only thing I dont like is its not drilled for a rail.

Noticed that I also noticed iv seen ones online that are, think more the tactical ones, unless they drill em them selves

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

my sx3 not drilled either, but I found a saddle mount rail that works great.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Noticed that I also noticed iv seen ones online that are, think more the tactical ones, unless they drill em them selves
    Probably go and get it drilled. I'd like to put a red dot on it or something. I'm not a fan of the bead sights on any of my guns.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob View Post
    Probably go and get it drilled. I'd like to put a red dot on it or something. I'm not a fan of the bead sights on any of my guns.

I actually met a fellow last night and he does waterfowl hunting with a red dot! I was pretty impressed, I've never seen such a thing , I'd feel like the sight would be in the way shooting a flying target

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast