Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portable buddy

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Portable buddy

Alright so I just purchased a buddy heater and it says that I should never use it in enclosed areas but I was wondering because I see people using these all the time in their huts. I own a eskimo quikfish 3 so I have two vents at the top of the tent. I ran it for 15 minutes in my basement with the door open and there was a distinct odour that I personally relate with propane combustion is that supposed to happen or is it a sign of incomplete combustion. I might be a little paranoid but I’m really nervous about the Carbon monoxide.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

No worries at all, these portable huts aren’t airtight. Opening the vents won’t hurt but in my opinion not necessary. I run mine for 8 hours straight lots of days.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

CO the silent killer . At least get a battery operated CO detecter . By time you realize issues usually to late . JMO licensed gas tech . Luck
    ' This is God's country don't make it look like Hell '
    OFAH member

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Mine has an auto shut off if: 1] tips over, 2] detects high co2. Great heater for ice tent.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have a Coleman heater and it says tent safe. I always wonder if maybe I could launch a lawsuit for brain damage from CO poisoning.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

They have a shut off as mentioned. I am thinking that it is either a CO or a low oxygen one which shuts off the unit. But no pop up is that air tight.
    Eat Moose......12000 wolves can't be wrong!:moose:

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Your pop up has vents that should circulate and vent off air, thats why they have them. but if your really concerned every so often crack the window or open the door for a minute.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Mine has an auto shut off if: 1] tips over, 2] detects high co2. Great heater for ice tent.
    Just curious which heater you have? I have a medium buddy heater and it has the tip over shut off and low oxygen shut off, but they do not shut off with high co2.
    To the op, no need to worry in a hut, but open your vents if you are worried. That smell is probably just the new heater smell, it will disappear.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FishinScuba View Post
    Just curious which heater you have? I have a medium buddy heater and it has the tip over shut off and low oxygen shut off, but they do not shut off with high co2.
    To the op, no need to worry in a hut, but open your vents if you are worried. That smell is probably just the new heater smell, it will disappear.
    I have the medium one too the portable buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast