Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need new vest - pickings slim?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Need new vest - pickings slim?

Well I'm almost a decade into turkey hunting now and my good old Quaker Boy Vest-A-Blind is likely going to give up the ghost this year.

I've busted zippers, had to sew shoulder straps back on, worn a hole in my box call pocket with my gun strap... But I love it. Aside from the too-thin stock seat it was perfect. Unfortunately I believe they're discontinued.

I'm tall and liked how much gear it kept high on the chest and in front of the belly. Every other vest I'm seeing in stores now puts all the gear low and around the entire waist... Which is bulky, awkward and inefficient, especially for run n gun or using a lounger.

Anyone have suggestions for a good replacement? Price doesn't matter... If a comparable vest no longer exists, I'll spend a fortune at a seamstress to repair the old one and add a few customizations. Lol
    Roosted ain't Roasted.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

There doesn't seem to be much of a selection,does there? Mine will last a while yet,then,I'll be in the same boat. Have you tried Amazon?
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Alpz outdoors has a couple of options, one with a stand to allow you to set up without a tree and another for run and gunning.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

If I had to buy one today this is the one I'd go with..

https://www.cabelas.com/product/clot...2.uts?slotId=9

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    If I had to buy one today this is the one I'd go with..

https://www.cabelas.com/product/clot...2.uts?slotId=9
    I have the earlier version of that vest. Great vest.
    I hope the quality has remained in the newer ones because mine is several years old and is still in VG condition.
    So far no issues with snaps, zippers or the wearing of the material. I'd buy another in a heart beat.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

If you use Cabela’s.ca, you will get prices in CDN $$$

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JMatthews View Post
    If you use Cabela’s.ca, you will get prices in CDN $$$
    Yes it will be in Canadian funds but they wont have the inventory. Search Turkey vest on the Canadian site and there is only going to be one style
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I've had the Alps Outdoorz Super Elite 4.0 for three seasons now and love it. It's a full vest style, which I prefer over a strap style vest. I run and gun turkey hunt all season. The seat is mighty comfy!

https://www.alpsbrands.com/alpsoutdo...ar/super-elite

-Nick
    Krete

Bills n' Thrills.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    I've had the Alps Outdoorz Super Elite 4.0 for three seasons now and love it. It's a full vest style, which I prefer over a strap style vest. I run and gun turkey hunt all season. The seat is mighty comfy!

https://www.alpsbrands.com/alpsoutdo...ar/super-elite

-Nick
    That is the one I like. Amazon.ca has several models and styles to look at.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Oddmott
    I feel your pain! I have a 12yr old Mossy Oak vest that I have put through it's paces over the years.

Attachment 39854

Over the years I have replaced snaps, zippers and made some custom alterations to it and it is pretty much everything I ever needed. Last time I was at BPS they just seems to stock their RedHead vests but I find most of their RedHead products to be crap at the best of time. I am not sure what SAIL stocks but unfortunately, I think you may have to start looking on-line or south of the boarder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast