Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ozonics

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrack View Post
    Without a doubt it works. My only concern would be the safety of ozone to humans... not enough testing done IMO.
    Lots of testing. I worked many years in close proximity to corona wires that produced ozone. It was vacuumed and discharged into active charcoal filters to minimize its effect but still very unpleasant.

https://www.epa.gov/indoor-air-quali...d-air-cleaners

"How is Ozone Harmful?
    The same chemical properties that allow high concentrations of ozone to react with organic material outside the body give it the ability to react with similar organic material that makes up the body, and potentially cause harmful health consequences. When inhaled, ozone can damage the lungs. Relatively low amounts can cause chest pain, coughing, shortness of breath and throat irritation. Ozone may also worsen chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma and compromise the ability of the body to fight respiratory infections. People vary widely in their susceptibility to ozone. Healthy people, as well as those with respiratory difficulty, can experience breathing problems when exposed to ozone. Exercise during exposure to ozone causes a greater amount of ozone to be inhaled, and increases the risk of harmful respiratory effects. Recovery from the harmful effects can occur following short-term exposure to low levels of ozone, but health effects may become more damaging and recovery less certain at higher levels or from longer exposures (US EPA, 1996a, 1996b)."

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Interesting report on Ozone;

This ozone forms the ozone layer, which shields everything on the planet's surface from the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays. But when ozone forms at the surface (when pollution from cars reacts with UV rays), it is a pollutant itself, and can damage forests, crops and can irritate human lungs.Dec 12, 2012
    Is Ozone Good or Bad? - Live Science
    https://www.livescience.com/32339-is...od-or-bad.html

And More;

Why is Ozone Dangerous?
    Ozone is a tiny molecule which is composed of three oxygen atoms. It is highly reactive which makes it an unstable and potentially toxic gas. Ground-level ozone is considered to be a major component of smog which plagues larger cities during the summertime and has been tied to a variety of potential health risks.
    Health Effects of Ozone
    The EPA has reported there is a variety of health effects associated with high levels of ozone. This may include decreased lung function, throat irritation, severe asthma symptoms, cough, chest pain, shortness of breath, irritation of lung tissue, and the higher sensitivity to respiratory infection. They went on to note that there were additional risk factors which can perpetuate the side effects of ozone such as undertaking activities which raise breathing rates (such as exercising indoors), certain pre-existing lung diseases, and greater duration of exposure.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Further to my post above, after reading more info on " Ozone " and it's harmful qualities, there is no way that I would purchase a product that can harm my quality of life and perhaps shorten it , just so there may be that " nnth " possibility of increasing my chances of getting a deer .
    No Way Josie ! stay away from it.
    Last edited by jaycee; December 14th, 2017 at 07:23 PM.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I bought one after Christmas last year and used it this season. Opening morning I had a fawn standing below my stand but I'm not sure if that was do to the Ozonics. I saw so few deer this fall that I can't judge whether it helped or not. I've shot lots of deer without one, all by playing the wind properly. I could afford to buy it so it was a present to myself. More time using it will probably give me a better opinion.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Further to my post above, after reading more info on " Ozone " and it's harmful qualities, there is no way that I would purchase a product that can harm my quality of life and perhaps shorten it , just so there may be that " nnth " possibility of increasing my chances of getting a deer .
    No Way Josie ! awy away from it.
    Well then
    Glad to hear you abstain from any sex, alcohol, tobacco, tap water, prescription pills etc etc.
    If you can smell it then it's not set up correctly.
    Like using power tools. If you feel pain then you just cut off a limb!
    Last edited by SK33T3R; December 14th, 2017 at 03:17 PM.
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

sierra shawn pm me
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SK33T3R View Post
    Well then
    Glad to hear you abstain from any sex, alcohol, tobacco, tap water, prescription pills etc etc.
    If you can smell it then it's not set up correctly.
    Like using power tools. If you feel pain then you just cut off a limb!
    Are you in the habit of putting words in people's mouths, where did I say I abstained from any of these , tobacco, most definitely yes, but the others,
    # 1- sex is good for you , cause it's centrally located!, keeps people happy
    # 2- alcohol in moderation is also good.
    # 3- tobacco is for me , no no , it has killed too many people .
    # 4- absolutely nothing wrong with our tap water, our own well.
    # 4- prescription pills cure a lot of ills and keep people alive , and also extend their lives.
    as for etc. etc. I don't know about them.
    Last edited by jaycee; December 14th, 2017 at 07:22 PM.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Are you in the habit of putting words in people's mouths, where did I say I abstained from any of these , tobacco, most definitely yes, but the others,
    # 1- sex is good for you , cause it's centrally located!, keeps people happy
    # 2- alcohol in moderation is also good.
    # 3- tobacco is for me , no no , it has killed too many people .
    # 4- absolutely nothing wrong with our tap water, our own well.
    # 4- prescription pills cure a lot of ills and keep people alive , and also extend their lives.
    as for etc. etc. I don't know about them.
    Well then, now that I have your attention.

If a little ozone will help you get a big buck or bear ........ then what's the harm.
    Seems by your own admission that there's a little risk is in everyone's life in one way or another.
    Don't forget this little truth .... doctors have killed more people then all the world wars combined!

Alas ... Some guys would cut off an arm or give away their 1st born to get a trophy animal.

For me anyway. I'd rather die looking at a wall with accomplishments on it then staring at wallpaper!

I'm just stirring the shyt pot anyways. You should know me better by now.
    Merry Christmas to ya.
    PS I told Santa to bring you Ozonics!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SK33T3R View Post
    Well then, now that I have your attention.

If a little ozone will help you get a big buck or bear ........ then what's the harm.
    Seems by your own admission that there's a little risk is in everyone's life in one way or another.
    Don't forget this little truth .... doctors have killed more people then all the world wars combined!

Alas ... Some guys would cut off an arm or give away their 1st born to get a trophy animal.

For me anyway. I'd rather die looking at a wall with accomplishments on it then staring at wallpaper!

I'm just stirring the shyt pot anyways. You should know me better by now.
    Merry Christmas to ya.
    PS I told Santa to bring you Ozonics!
    Thanks, but I will pass on that one , have been very successful without it, more deer and moose that most people have seen, I will stick with "my old ways ".
    Thanks again ! and have a " Merry Christmas ".
    Last edited by jaycee; December 15th, 2017 at 08:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12