My husband, Tom, loves to smoke meat and fish. This recipe turns smoked salmon into a great party dish. Ernie, the person who created this recipe, was a real character. Some would say the life of the party. He had the biggest heart, an even bigger smile, and a fantastic recipe.
- 7 1/2 oz. smoked salmon. You can used canned I prefer St. Jean’s (www.stjeans.com)
- 8. oz cream cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp. onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp. horseradish. I prefer hot.
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Break up salmon well, then mix with cream cheese, lemon juice, onion, and horseradish. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired. Let sit for at least 1 hour in the fridge to let the flavours mingle. Serve with crackers or chips.
First published in the June issue of Ontario OUT OF DOORS.