Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: New carp regulations

  1. #1
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default New carp regulations

    Not sure how they are going to police 3 rods...

    https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/6...o-carp-fishing
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    This is not good news to anyone who bow fish for carp ....... I'm willing to bet we see a closure on bowfishing in the near future .
    Glen

  4. #3
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I just read over the link. I assume, based on the information given, it would still be illegal to set a line out for carp with plant bait and then cast with another rod?

  5. #4
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamG1 View Post
    I just read over the link. I assume, based on the information given, it would still be illegal to set a line out for carp with plant bait and then cast with another rod?
    Probably not I wouldn't recommend it .

    I can see some having an issue not knowing or trying to set up 3 rods when the carp are not around or using minnows.



    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I like the idea but some will try and use 3 on other fish species. Claim they didn't know lol .

    It would have its own time and place for sure .

    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    Probably not I wouldn't recommend it .

    I can see some having an issue not knowing or trying to set up 3 rods when the carp are not around or using minnows.



    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    I figured. I do see the same problem you suggest.

    I have never fished for carp. I wonder if those who do can say if this will be useful or not? I do see most carp fisherman online in other places using at least 2 or 3 rods.

  8. #7
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G Skinner View Post
    This is not good news to anyone who bow fish for carp ....... I'm willing to bet we see a closure on bowfishing in the near future .
    Glen
    Why do you say that? I don't see any regulation changes for bow fishing....or am I missing something?
    If you're too big to do the little things that count,you're too little to do the big things that really count.

  9. #8
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Just asking for trouble and abuse of the regs, what a stupid move.
    Smitty

    Straight shooter

  10. #9
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamG1 View Post
    I just read over the link. I assume, based on the information given, it would still be illegal to set a line out for carp with plant bait and then cast with another rod?

    How do you figure? Or should I say "assume". I've never targeted carp, but after reading the article, my first thought was, "maybe I'll throw a corn rod out this spring while I'm targeting wallies".
    Last edited by Paddy; February 24th, 2021 at 10:52 AM.

  11. #10
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamG1 View Post
    I just read over the link. I assume, based on the information given, it would still be illegal to set a line out for carp with plant bait and then cast with another rod?
    Yes as the only time you're allowed to fish multiple lines (when not ice fishing or trolling from a boat in certain waters) is if you're carp fishing, as soon as you start using a 2nd rod that doesn't have a plant-based bait on it, you're breaking the conditions that need to be met to be considered legally carp fishing with multiple lines.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •