Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New carp regulations

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

contaucreek and trimmer21, you both say carp are quite tasty. My only experience eating them was at a Jewish eatery and found it quite nice the way it was prepared... I'd like to know how both of you have prepared yours for consumption.... They do put up one hell of a fight, and there's no shortage of them that's for sure... If you guys are on to something I'm hoping you'll share how you do prepare them for the table...
    SkyBlue Big Game Blueticks

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

It was served up by an attendee at a carp fishing gathering. Smoked and blended with cream cheese on crackers.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bo D View Post
    contaucreek and trimmer21, you both say carp are quite tasty. My only experience eating them was at a Jewish eatery and found it quite nice the way it was prepared... I'd like to know how both of you have prepared yours for consumption.... They do put up one hell of a fight, and there's no shortage of them that's for sure... If you guys are on to something I'm hoping you'll share how you do prepare them for the table...
    I used to date a Jewish girl in college. Her parents were "modern conservative" but held fast to old world traditions when grand parents were present (which was often). Her Grandmother was an excellent cook who prepared kosher menus of which Carp was considered a delicacy. That's where I learned about Carp filets,Matza Balls,bagels and lox. Not being Jewish,the relationship fizzled,but,the food was great.
    If you're too big to do the little things that count,you're too little to do the big things that really count.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

My next door neighbors asked for a carp as they knew I was a fisherman. I gave them one. They were Portuguese. They put it on the BBQ for hours. It stunk up the entire neighborhood. Terribly. The only one I ever gave them. I will give carp, suckers, bullhead, away to others fishing on the river. My PB, carp is 28 lbs. As a catch and release fisherman, the kind of fish on the end of the line does not really matter, as they all go back. A big carp is one of the bests fights on a rod.
    Last edited by fishermccann; March 23rd, 2021 at 09:12 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123