Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Shooting Position

  1. #1
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default Shooting Position

    For all the compound shooters out there, do you stand up and risk blowing the deer out with your movement/noise? Or, shoot from a seated position?

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I always shot standing, but I practiced both.....a lot.
    It would depend on the circumstance.

  4. #3
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    After getting busted more than I'd like to admit, I learned how to shoot sideways while sitting. A far better way, a more stable profile and a lot less movement.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  5. #4
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Crossbow . Seating..

  6. #5
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Both, sitting and standing. I cannot sit here at my kitchen table and tell you what shooting position I will be using a month plus from now. A person should be prepared to shoot from different positions as determined by the situation.

  7. #6
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Both, sitting and standing. I cannot sit here at my kitchen table and tell you what shooting position I will be using a month plus from now. A person should be prepared to shoot from different positions as determined by the situation.
    If you are going to shoot a vertical bow seated then you better practice that way, things do not line up the same when shooting seated as standing or as bent like you would be shooting down from a tree stand.

  8. #7
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I really really prefer to stand so i can shoot to either side or even behind me comfortably, and without a tight hardness tether to contend with. It entirely depends on the situation and how much time i have.
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

  9. #8
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    It's a broad question, and of course each encounter will be different. I would always prefer to shoot from a standing position as well. I thought the conversation around the pro's and con's of movement/position, what others do, and their reasoning could be interesting.

  10. #9
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    If you are going to shoot a vertical bow seated then you better practice that way, things do not line up the same when shooting seated as standing or as bent like you would be shooting down from a tree stand.
    Reminds me of a fella that came over one day with his block...the centre looked like a porcupine filled with arrows..he was so proud that he shot them 35 yds off his deck.

    I took him to one of my tree stands (16') and put his block about 20 yds out front.....he missed the first 5 shots and was dismal in his accuracy on the rest...HaHa...
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  11. #10
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ride.lift.shoot View Post
    I thought the conversation around the pro's and con's of movement/position, what others do, and their reasoning could be interesting.
    Unlike the videos you see on youtube, guys talking to the camera and twirling around to look at it etc are usually filmed on game farms so the deer are a lot less leery.

    Real life, deer see and hear everything. It's very hard, especially deep in the woods to go undetected. So if you can master shooting while sitting, it opens you to a more opportunities to take a shot on that deer that shows up in front of you without warning.

    No one likes to sit on your hands and let a deer walk becasue it caught you flat footed.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •